Thursday, September 9, 2010

Letter for the GST review committee/Declaration of the "Year of Viz Cult"

Everyone,

Welcome new peeps, glad to have you here. Yeah, whatever oldies.

So we are still planning on a meeting in Arts West at 4:15 on September 30th, with whining, yeah you know what that means (and if you don’t — I’ll give you a hint, that means there will be refreshment), but I thought it might be best to go ahead and circulate a draft of a letter we have been working on to send to the GST review committee.

The letter (or manifesto in helvetica, as I have nicknamed it) asks the committee to consider the following statement as they review the General Studies curriculum:
“To be critically literate our students need to be able to interpret visual material, construct knowledge in visual modes, and understand how the visual is constructing them.”

It would be better to get this letter to the committee sooner rather than later so I am attaching a copy of the draft here. I welcome comments, suggestions, additions, omissions between now and Tuesday morning, September 14th. After that time I will edit what we have and get it in the hands of the review committee.

It’s going to be a good year for viz cult. In fact, I declare this “the year of viz cult” That’s howe good it’s going to be.

Best,

Evan


Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At September 16, 2010 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Evan Gatti said...

(same comment from the previous posting but it's also relevant here).
We've had a suggestion to spend our first meeting showcasing what we do in our courses and our research that might give some shape to viz cult AT Elon. I like this idea. It would give us a renewed sense of who we are, then we can better move on to what we do.
I'll work on keeping this from spiraling out of control, but imagine that you bring in one "text" that defined the possible contributions you could make to viz cult. Then you can introduce this text (and hey, why not a suggested reading that would help us better understand your text) to the meeting. I can create a database for us that would also double as a course guide and faculty roster that could be used by interested students and peers. Comments? Yeah, post em here.

 
At February 25, 2015 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You may post on the professional credentials for the blog owner. You could express it's outstanding. Your blog experience can springboard your click through. Italy Holiday

 
At July 20, 2015 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You should comment on the competition comparison of the blog. You can highlight it's mind boggling. Your blog exploration/tour will broaden your conversions. Travel News Travel Guide Travel Holiday

 
At September 1, 2015 at 4:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I consider you. This post is actually exalting. i prefer your post and everything you share with United States of America is current and extremely informative, i would like to bookmarker the page therefore I will come back here from you that you simply have done an incredible job. Agen Taruhan Bola Berita Agen Bola

 
At October 20, 2015 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I’m very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel for trying into the world. Hao0716.com

 
At November 30, 2015 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

After read a couple of the articles on your website these few days, and I truly like your style of blogging. I tag it to my favorites internet site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site also and let me know what you think. Elleandelle.com Nctobaccofreeschools.com

 
At March 9, 2016 at 12:02 AM , Blogger Baldwin Gray said...

I'm now not sure the place you are getting your information, but good topic. I must spend a while finding out more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be searching for this info for my mission.
Cyberbola.co
www.cyberbola.co
Cyber Bola
Cyberbola.co
www.cyberbola.co

 
At September 4, 2018 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..more wait..

Website
Information

 
At November 4, 2018 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Indi Host said...

You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

Website
Information
Click Here

 
At November 20, 2018 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

Website
Information

 
At May 29, 2019 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Ariana Richardo said...

I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

Website
Information
Click Here

 
At June 18, 2020 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Gabriella Jackson said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

Piqac.org
Information

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home